Friday, December 9, 2016

Science Says: Microbiome & Mental Health Are Connected {Medication Too}

source

I know I'm not alone when I say that my anxiety and/ or stress have often manifested in a 'stomach ache.' 

It's time for that meeting presentation and you have a sudden urge to run to the bathroom... Or, you're about to go on a date, and your tummy starts doing back flips... It's test time and your stomach is tied up in a gazillion knots. You know what I'm talking about.

Well, now there is scientific evidence that proves a link between our MIND and our MICROBIOME (our gut).

Take THAT skeptics!

According to recent studies from the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, (neuro-psycho-pharma-cology - yes, I sounded it out), published in ScienceDaily on December 7, 2016, research on both animal and human models, showed a connection between mood and microbiome, and medications (specifically anti-depressants (SSRIs)) and microbiome. Meaning, our gut health may also put us at increased risk for medication side effects.

Yet another reason to focus on food and drinks that can help gear your gut in a healthier direction; like fermented foods and kombucha, for instance. 

Get the deets here.

MIND-BLOWING material if you ask me! 


What's your gut telling you?


Blissfully Yours,
Tatiana  


Founder, Healthylicious Bliss™