Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Life Is A LOT Like Sailing...


Nantucket Race Week 2015 sailed in and out, leaving a lesson in it's wake ...  

"We can't direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."

I've always been the type of person who prefers to 
be in the captain's seat... Call me Captain Kirk!
{it IS my middle name after all

... and so it's been a challenge to re-direct my approach to life to more of a balance b/w Captain and Crew roles so to speak. Albeit a welcome challenge. Note: I made a choice to accept the challenge.

Last week I took on both roles, sailing a Rhodes 19.


I was a wee bit rusty, {it's been several summers since I actively sailed with the JYC... }, but soon got my sea legs back. 
Tiller-Time! Sailing in the Nantucket hahba...

The best sailors make the most of the conditions mother nature gives them and adjust their sails accordingly. In life, the best people {read: happiest people} also make the most of the conditions that life gives them. 


The winds they are always a-changin' ... 

Let's just say you crave that lick-the-bowl-good, locally-made peppermint ice cream, but {tear} it's SOLD OUT! You Have A Choice: Give Up. Give In. OR Give It Your All. 

Charting a course in sailing, as in life, is wise, but you're in for a rude awakening if you don't account for unplanned circumstances that may rock the boat... Just sayin'

SHOUTOUT: Inky Mirror for
quoting me in your storify story!

When have you adjusted the sails on your lifeboat?



Blissfully Yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP


Blog: HealthyliciousBliss!