Friday, May 15, 2015

#FiveonFriday: Interview with Jarrod Byrne Mayer, Kundalini Yoga Teacher, Author, Musician & Artist

Tickle, Tickle
Last Fall I experienced another first...

Kundalini Yoga Class with Jarrod Byrne Mayer. {SHOUTOUT to my friend Ana for dragging me along to Golden Bridge Yoga that day!}

It was combination of kundalini yoga, meditation, dancing, and a marvelous, all-encompassing gong bath... 


I was hooked... Yoked? ;-)

Since then, I've dragged my mother and friends down to SoHo to experience his presence... I've also learned how to make a turban outa my scarf - skillz yo!

Kundalini is considered the most comprehensive of yogas, combing meditation, prayer, physical practices and breathing exercises. "Kundalini" literally means "the curl of the lock of hair of the beloved." Beautiful. This metaphor alludes to the flow of energy and consciousness that exists within each of us, and enables us to merge with - or "yoke" - the universal Self. 

Sat Nam... Sat = Truth + Nam = Self --> You are Truth OR in the well-known words of Shakespeare... "To thine ownself be true." Here is Jarrod's Sat Nam #FiveOnFriday Interview...
  
1. What is your favorite quote?


I cannot say I have a favorite, but I have to say that this has been resonating with me for some time.

“You are a function of what the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is a function of what the whole ocean is doing. 

~ Alan Watts





2. What are your TOP 5 favorite things in your life right now? 



1) My wife.
2) My health.
3) My yoga. 
4) My family.
5) My relationship with God. 


And the Grateful Dead....





3. Who are your mentors?

My wife Melody. She is my second wing and couldn't fly without her. Everything I do is for her, even what I do for myself. She is my reflection!


My parents have always been supportive of whatever I did. My father is a true yogi. They have set a beautiful groundwork for who I am and what I look for in the world. I only saw love between them and I only see that love within my wife and the world in which I live. They gave my soul a body for this lifetime and I love them dearly. I have become wonderful friends with them.

As far as for my Kundalini practice, Mahan Rishi Singh Khalsa and his wife, Nirhbe Kaur
They are a shining example of what I believe Kundalini yoga is. It is their life I mentor... their relationship together with the divine. The practicality of the practice in daily life and passion for doing what you love. If it is God's will, so it will be. To simply be in their presence is a great honor in which I am grateful. 

4. What is NEW + GOOD in your life?

I am starting Sonotherapy training later this month and am very excited to become a certified sound therapist. It will only enhance my personal practice and teaching.

I just finished writing a play called "Dream House" which is fully finished and moving in the reading phases before submissions. 

I also wrote a book but it won't be edits and finished until the fall. I have a new mailing list regarding my upcoming events, as well as Yogi Lifestyle Trips. 

I am staying busy!!!

5. What advice would you give to all your fans out there?

Stop what you are doing. Start doing what you love.


  
Join Jarrod and Melody @

The Healing Ring of Tantra New Moon Ritual 

THIS Sunday, May 17th from 7:00-9:00pm 

Maha Rose Center for Healing in Brooklyn




For MORE of Jarrod Mayer.....

Website:  www.JarrodByrneMayer.com

  
Contact Jarrod:
Phone ~ 718-314-0850
Email ~ CreateYourInfinite@gmail.com


Jarrod Meyer 

Kundalini Yoga Teacher, 

Author, 
Musician
Artist





Jarrod Byrne Mayer's Official Bio

Jarrod Byrne Mayer is a KRI certified Kundalini Yoga Instructor and Brooklyn based musician, writer, and artist.  His music is a reflection of his inner vision and experience through Kundalini and survival arts. His music is a meditation in itself, where others join in unconsciously, bringing listeners into a single state where the experience is shared and group consciousness expanded.  

Jarrod has studied with master survivalist Tom Brown Jr. in the pine barrens of south New Jersey. He believes a connection with the earth and nature is essential to expanding within the infinite. The earth's magic is in plain sight, yet we must expand our consciousness and awareness to look beyond what we see and read the language of the earth.

Jarrod's key principle he brings to the teachings is giving the students the tools to change the story they have been told and write for themselves. The deconstruction and boundary dissolution of illusionary walls expands the self into a greater sense of well being. He wants students to uplift the veil of maya and see life for what it is - a miracle and a blessing.

Jarrod teaches at Golden Bridge Yoga in SoHo Sunday's 1:15-2:45p, Monday's 12:45-2:00p, and Tuesday's 12:45-2p. He also teaches at Usha Veda Yoga in Greenplint on Thursdays from 4:30-5:45p. Him and his wife lead monthly workshops for deeper kundalini experiences. Contact him for more info


/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

"May the long time sun 
Shine upon you, 
All love surround you, 
And the pure light within you
Guide your way on."

~ Kundalini Yoga farewell blessing

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /



Have a wellness guru in mind for #FiveOnFriday?!

  
EMAIL ME!!

{Perhaps that's YOU?!} 


Need some chillaxing music for your commute home? Meditating? Cleaning? Zoning out? Here's one of my favorite tracks of Jarrod's on SoundCloud...


Blissfully Yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP


Blog: HealthyliciousBliss!