Friday, September 5, 2014

#FiveonFriday: Interview with Sara DiVello, Award-Winning Author, "Where in the OM Am I?," Yoga Teacher & Ex-Corporate Exec

In honor of National Yoga Month, I invited Sara DiVello to be my wellness guru for the September #FiveOnFriday series!
I met Sara at the Nantucket Yoga Festival, where I attended one of her OMazing workshops, and ended up buying her book, {which she sweetly inscribed}, and chatting about our similar stories, BOTH making the transition from the corporate world to the wellness world...

Me & Sara DiVello at the Nantucket Yoga Festival

Sara DiVello
is a noted yoga teacher and the author of the award-winning book,
Where in the OM Am I?, selected by Shape Magazine as a best book of summer, by Working Mother Magazine as one of the eight best memoirs of the year alongside that of Maya Angelou, and called a "must read" by Kirkus Reviews. Sara was awarded Best Memoir by the National Indie Excellence Book Awards. 


She has appeared on CBS and the Huffington Post Live, as well as in Forbes, USA Today, Boston Magazine and more. Sara worked in PR and marketing for thirteen years before realizing she preferred yoga mats and bare feet to cubicles and high heels. She teaches both vinyasa and restorative yoga and holds a B.A. in communications, summa cum laude, from Arcadia University. Sara currently lives in Boston with her husband and their eleven-pound rescue mutt, Peluda, and tours nationally teaching yoga and helping others find their direction.
My FAVORITE summer read: 
Think The Devil Wears Prada
marries Eat, Pray, Love

1. What is your favorite quote?

Do not ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the worlds needs is more people who have come alive." ~ Howard Thurman

2. What are your TOP 5 favorite things in your life right now?

1. Summer. Please don't end! Pleeeease?!

2. Teaching a FREE weekly yoga class on Boston's Esplanade at sunset overlooking the Charles River. It's a collaboration between Athleta, Healthworks Fitness Center, and the Esplanade Association. We've been doing it all summer and getting about 150 people each week. Having a group of people practice together in a community is really powerful. Doing this under a blue sky, surrounded by the green of trees and grass, with the rive in front of us and the sun sinking down as the sky lights up with color. #Heaven

Sara DiVello posing in the Boston Public Garden
3. My rescue mutt, Peluda. She is 12 pounds of adorable blondness and unconditional love.

4. My urban garden. I pull greens, strawberries, beets, or whatever out of it and throw them in my morning smoothie. Healthylicious indeed!

5. Yoga and meditation. My place to rejuvenate.


3. Who are your mentors?

My aunt Joan has been my main mentor over the course of my life. She is my greatest source of inspiration and support. She truly lives her yoga off the mat in her kindness, compassion, and generous nature. She's also incredibly smart and insightful. 

4. What is NEW + GOOD in your life?

I started teaching workshops to help others find their path and come alive more fully about a year ago and I absolutely love it! This isn't something I planned to do when I was writing, Where in the OM Am I? One Woman's Journey from the Corporate World to the Yoga Mat,  but it's been amazing to meet so many fellow seekers and hear about what their lives and paths have been like. I absolutely love talking about this stuff and it's an honor to be able to help further their personal evolutions in any way I can.

5. What advice would you give to all your fans out there? 

Breathe deeply, focus inward, figure out what you most want and pursue it. Your unique talents and gifts are of incredible value to the world, so do not hesitate to share them. 


Sara DiVello
Sara DiVello, Author, Yoga Teacher
& Ex-Corporate Exec
Sara DiVello,
Author, Yoga Teacher,
Ex-Corporate Exec

Twitter 
Facebook  


Website:






W
ant 
MORE HealthyliciousBliss!™ blog updates in yo inbox?!?!


SIGN-UP for my bliggity blog => HERE <=

{in the Subscribe Now! box, click "Get Healthylicious Bliss!™ delivered by email"}



* * * EMAIL ME if there is a wellness guru that you want me to interview for my #FiveOnFriday blog series!!! * * * 

{Perhaps that's YOU?!} 


Blissfully Yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP