Friday, August 15, 2014

#FiveonFriday: Interview with Melody Wilding, LMSW, Psychology Expertand Licensed Therapist

This month I learned that a close friend of mine from high school passed away... For those of you who were waiting for a Five on Friday series post last Friday, {as I usually post it on the 2nd Friday of the month}, I'm sorry you had to wait until today. I discovered the news of my friend's death last Thursday and was overcome with grief. Have you lost a close friend? If so, my heart goes out to you...

Considering what I've been experiencing coping with my friend's death and what I imagine many of you are and/or have experienced with the loss of a friend, I thought that you would like to get to know Melody Wilding. psychology expert, licensed therapist, friend, {and #BizBrainstormingBabes partner}, she's a gal you want to have on your speed dial. Melody works with highly ambitious women and entrepreneurs around the emotional challenges of having a successful career. She has helped women running some of today's top startups along with published authors and media personalities. She has been featured in New York Magazine, FastCompany, Glamour, Forbes, and more. She has a Masters degree from Columbia University and a degree in Psychology from Rutgers University.


1. What is your favorite quote?

Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, & a touch that never hurts. 
~ Charles Dickens

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand

2. What are your TOP 5 favorite things in your life right now?

1. Coconut oil. I'm convinced it's the most useful substance on the planet. I've been using it for everything from dental and hair care to getting gum unstuck from clothing!

2. Inbox Pause. This Gmail add on is game changing. It allows you to pause your inbox to stop emails so you can concentrate. 

3. Fiction. I'm a big non-fiction reader, but this month bought my first fiction book in YEARS (The Unbearable Lightness of Being). Reading fiction before bed has really improved my sleep quality. 

4. Greek yogurt. It's my absolute favorite, can't-live-without-it food!

5. Yoga. One of my goals for 2014 was to a start a consistent yoga practice (from nothing). So far I've been successful with going once a week. 

3. Who are your mentors?

My parents have taught me everything I know about what it means to have a strong work ethic. Throughout my life, they have continued to demonstrate what ambition and taking the road less followed is really about. I cherish them. They're the first people I go to for advice. 

4. What is NEW + GOOD in your life?

My website is getting a MAJOR makeover and the new look is launching shortly. I can't wait to reveal it to the world. Plus, it's going to have lots of free trainings on areas like getting past Impostor Syndrome, overcoming self doubt, and becoming more assertive. 

I'm also excited about my new column for The Daily Muse "Smart, Sane, and Successful"which is all about providing practical strategies for being more emotionally intelligent at work. 

5. What advice would you give to all your fans out there? 

There's a saying that goes "don't compare your behind the scenes with someone else's highlight reel," which really hits home if you have a tendency to compare yourself to others. 

Every one of us have moments of feeling down, like we're not succeeding or making progress. These lows happen, but they're fleeting. They pass. Be careful to resist catastrophizing just because you don't feel productive this very second doesn't mean that you're chronically lazy and will never create anything again. If you can learn to expect the lows and accept them as a natural part of the process, it's much easier to have perspective and give yourself a break. 

Melody Wilding, LMSW
Melody Wilding, 
LMSW


Website:











Want MORE heathylicious blog updates in yo inbox??
SIGN-UP for my bliggity blog => HERE <=
{in the Subscribe Now! box, click "Get Healthylicious Bliss!™ delivered by email"}


* * * EMAIL ME if there is a wellness guru that you would like me to interview! {Perhaps that's YOU?!} * * *



Blissfully Yours,