Friday, June 13, 2014

#FiveOnFriday: Interview With Loren Brill, Founder & SweetEO, Sweet Loren's


Loren Brill is an advocate of a delicious lifestyle inspired by pure, whole ingredients. She craves the best ingredients that nature has to offer. In 2010, she founded Sweet Loren's, an award-winning baked goods company based in NYC that offers all natural frozen and ready-t0-eat desserts. As a food lover, she is constantly inspired by new and healthier takes on dishes -- which are always freshly prepared and as close to nature as they can get. She is a a writer and blogger for the Huffington Post, as well as an AOL's Kitchen Daily Contributor. She believes that good food nourishes the mind, body, and soul -- and that a healthy lifestyle includes treating yourself to the very best. 

1. What is your favorite quote?

"You don't scare me." ~ Hoda Kotb


2. What are your top 5 favorite things in your life right now?

- My new Breville coffee machine... can make just one cup or a whole pot at a time AND it grinds beans fresh, right before it brews, so its coffee at its best!


Going to a friend's wedding in France next week, so travel would be up there! I LOVE being inspired by new flavors, smells, cultures, and people. 

- Plus, the French are known for their bakeries, so I plan to do a lot of exploring and taste-testing :-) There is always something new to learn. 

- I am training for the NY Triathlon with my brother in August, so my new wet suit that I am training in is pretty fun and will protect me while I swim the Hudson River!

- Green juicing daily this summer!
3. Who are your mentors? 

Steve Jobs continues to inspire me. I look to the people in my life who have supported me as I have grown Sweet Loren's and discovered who I am... I look to them as mentors because they are financially successful, but, more importantly, love life and have been able to create balance. I have an advisor named Jamie who's taught me a lot about business; I look to the founders of the best bakery, (where I used to work), Levain Bakery; I think about what my mom would have said, and remember advice she gave me over the years as a successful entrepreneur and mom; and I look to some of my mom's friends that are incredibly successful, beautiful women that have been able to balance their careers, family, and friends as they've grown their companies and careers. 



4. What is NEW + GOOD in your life?

We are working on new products, like gluten-free, which is super exciting. Our team is growing which is always NEW + GOOD! I have found a meditation to do every morning, if only for 5 minutes, that has helped me so much. Microsoft just used Sweet Loren's in their ad for the Surface 2! {Video below}



5. What advice would you give to all your fans out there?

I would say that PASSION is the secret sauce to anything. SO, find out what turns you on... what you are passionate about... what you deeply care about.
Find out what that is, and there will be no off switch. Once you connect to your passion, and find a way to make a business out of it, I think it's possible to at least try to reach our full potential as beings on this planet. And, nothing feels better than that. Connecting with our purpose is what we are all meant to do I think -- it's our journey, and the adventure of life figuring out what we are all about. 




Sweet Loren's is a leader in 100% natural baking, and an award-winning baked goods company. We offer delicious ready-to-bake cookie dough and ready-to-eat cookies for retails and food service. We proudly use only whole food, unrefined ingredients in all of our products: 100% whole grains, dairy free, kosher, and use no refined sugars, artificial ingredients, trans fats or preservatives. Our cookie dough is conveniently packaged as break&bake, so there is portion control with no fuss, mess or clean-up. Our ready-to-eat cookies make eating snacks and sweets healthier while on-the-go. 

After overcoming Hodgkin's Lymphoma at the age of 22 in 2007, I started to make my own desserts out of a personal need to satisfy my sweet tooth while feeling good about the ingredients that I was putting in my body. After winning a baking contest, I started Sweet Loren's in 201. Sweet Loren's, now an award-winning baking company, works with Whole Foods Markets, FreshDirect, Zabar's, Wegman's, Goldman Sachs, and many others. Our food service line services corporate cafeterias, camps, universities, and cafes/restaurants. 


Loren Brill
Founder & SweetEO,
Sweet Loren's


Facebook @SweetLorens

Instagram @SweetLorens
Pinterest @SweetLorens
Tumblr @SweetLorens

Twitter @SweetLorens


Website: http://sweetlorens.com/

 







Want to get hooked up with MORE
HealthyliciousBliss!™ blog updates right in yo inbox?! Sign-up for my bliggity blog! 


*** Is there a wellness guru that you want me to interview?? 
EMAIL ME and I'll try my bestest!! {Perhaps that's YOU?!} ***


Blissfully Yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP