Friday, May 2, 2014

#FiveonFriday: Interview with Aurora Tower, Astrologer, Cosmopolitanand Founder, Bright*Star*Lights


As the horoscope junkie I am, {Cancer born on 7/7 at the auspicious time of 4:56am ~ never would remember my birth time otherwise}, I have been following Aurora's horoscopes for awhile now am so inspired by them! LOVE her fashionista zodiac profiles on Instagram and Pinterest! I'm forever amazed at what my fellow Chapin ladies are up to since we donned those plaid kilts. 

Aurora Tower is a professional astrologer living and working in New York City. With a degree in Sociology and Urban Studies from Brown University, she considered a career in Urban Planning before deciding to pursue her passion for astrology as a full time job. She has appeared on numerous television programs including: Good Morning America and Nightline and currently contributes astrology content to Cosmopolitan Magazine and MySign.com. She has traveled around the world extensively and studied the history of astrology and it's practice in many cultures. In addition to astrology and travel, her passions include: animals, fashion, and environmentally friendly design and technology. Her goal is to bring fun and style into the field of astrology and make it as empowering, interesting, and insightful as possible!


1. What is you favorite quote?

"Follow your bliss." ~ Joseph Campbell


2. What are your top favorite things in your life right now?

- My gratitude journal. It's such a good reminder of all of the wonderful things that we have and can easily take for granted.

- Souen has the most delicious healthy food and I order lunch from there almost every day!
- My new Kindle. I am reading "The Goldfinch" and re-reading one of my favorite classics, "Ask and It's Given."

- I just stocked up on Yuzu lotion and shower gel from Ten Thousand Waves Spa in Santa Fe - it is some of the best smelling stuff ever!


- Mad Men. I am still catching up from last season and loving every minute.


3. Who are your mentors?

Brooke Garber Neidich is one of my mentors and a huge inspiration. She is an amazing woman who is full of curiosity and vitality, and always takes the time to connect people. Plus, 100% of the profits from her gorgeous jewelry line, Sidney Garber, goes to charity.

4. What is NEW + GOOD in your life?

I am re-committing to my daily meditation practice and it feels fantastic! It's really helping me be more focused. Also, I am lucky enough to write from home and am traveling a lot these days. New places are an endless source of inspiration for me. I am especially excited for upcoming trips to Panama, Spain, and Italy!

5. What advice would you give to all your fans out there?

Trust your instincts and live the life that you want, rather than the life you think you should want! I believe that we all have a unique purpose and gift to bring into the world - and astrology can help us understand that gift! But we have to choose to live it. And don't give up faith if things don't happen easily or quickly. If you keep working at it, they will happen eventually.



Aurora Tower 

Instagram

Pinterest
Twitter


Website:
Brightstarlights.com

 





Want to get hooked up with MORE 
healthylicious blog updates right in yo inbox?!
Sign-up for my bliggity blog here!



* * * EMAIL ME if there is a wellness guru that you would like me to interview!
(Perhaps that's YOU?!) * * *




Blissfully Yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP