Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Self-Love Day! {AKA Valentines Day!}


Lookin' for LOVE...? Look within yourself first! You can't love someone else until you love yourself. 

Sooo, what's a gal, {or guy}, to do to show themselves some love this Valentines Day


My Sensational 7 Suggestions:


1) Indulge in a Healthylicious Meal. Make yourself one of your favorite meals, {or try a NEW one}, and enjoy it over candlelight with some romantic tunes, {the 'French Cafe' station on Pandora is one of my faves}. Body, mind, and soul, fed!


2) Get a Mani! Go for a color that makes you feel sexy ;-) Personally, I love the sparkly, reddish OPI Muppets Collection Animal-istic nail polish... Rrrrrrr


3) Buy Yourself Some Purty Flowers {or a Purty Plant!} "Don't wait for someone else to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden." I'm loving my lucky bamboo plant and dried lavender right about now.


4) Book a Massage. Go to your local nail salon and get a 10 minute massage or go for the gold and reserve a 60 minute full-body massage at a spa/gym/hotel in your 'hood. Oh so many benefits aside from feeling absofreakinglutely amazing, including: relaxation, stress relief, pain reduction, improved sleep, immunity boost, and more.

5) Journal. Write your heart out, focusing on everything you love about yourself. Don't stop there! Continue with who and what you love in your life. 

6) Enjoy Some Chocolate! Go for dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cacao, {and preferably no refined sugar}, for some feel good food. These are a couple of my favorite #HealthyliciousBliss approved chocolates: ChocAlive! {gluten-free, vegan, raw truffles} and NibMor {organic, vegan, no refined sugar, dairy or GMO}. 


7) Ta Ta Ta Touch Yourself. Yes, I do mean Downtown Julie Brown... According to sexuality experts, benefits include: mood booster, {it releases "feel-good" neurochemicals like dopamine and oxytocin}, anxiety reducer, and more. 



TAKE THE PLEDGE:

This Valentines Day I pledge to love me, myself, and I! 



Blissfully Yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP