Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Power of Positive Thinking =)

The Power of Positive Thinking
My Momasita gave me a life-changing book called The Power of Positive Thinking, by best-selling author Norman Vincent Peale. Truth be told, it sat on my bookshelf, collecting dust for a few years, until I finally picked it up and began to read it. It took a rather sh*ty day for me to reach for this healthylicious mood booster. If you are going through just about any challenging situation in your life, (and MOST of us have at least one thing), I encourage you to treat yourself to a copy.


"This book is written with the sole objective of helping the reader achieve a happy, satisfying, and worthwhile life."

~ Norman Vincent Peale


There are several messages that have really resonated with me so far. Here are ten to wet your appetite...

The practice of "Thought Conditioning" 

1) Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding.

2) Whenever a negative thought concerning your personal powers comes to mind, deliberately voice a positive thought to cancel it out.

3) Do not built up obstacles in your imagination.

4) Do not be awestruck by other people and try to copy them.

5) 10X a day repeat these dynamic words, "If God be for us, who can be against us?" 

6) Get a competent counselor to help you understand why you do what you do.

7) 10X each day practice the following affirmation, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." 

8) Make a true estimate of your own ability, then raise it 10%.

9) Put yourself in God's hands. To do that simply state, "I am in God's hands."

10) Remind yourself that God is with you and nothing can defeat you. 


NOTE:
God can refer to the god that you worship... or the universe... or yourself!



Happy Reading!!!



Blissfully Yours,