Wednesday, September 4, 2013

SUP Yoga ~ Summer Bucket List Complete!

This past holerday weekend I finally tried SUP Yoga, (Stand Up Paddle-board Yoga), at Downunder Kayaking in Westport, CT, with wellness guru: yoga, SUP yoga and pilates instructor, and massage therapist, Madelaine HaneAnd now I can officially say that my summer bucket list is complete. It was EVERYTHING I dreamed it would be and more! My kinda #HealthyliciousBliss ;-) 

Lathered up in 100 SPF, sporting my NIKE bikini and life preserver, I strapped a 5 Lb weight to my board, gingerly boarded it and grabbed my paddle. Once our intimate group had boarded, our intrepid instructor led the way to our yoga cove, down the 5 mile river. Arriving at our destination, we were all instructed to circle up and drop our weights to keep us grounded. 


Me doing the Wheelbarrow pose ~
Follow me on Instagram for more healthylicious pix!

Nestled in a blissful cove, with an egret watching over us, Madelaine led us through a series of poses. It wasn't long before I fell in the water and earned my SUP Yoga stripes. The class was a wonderful combo of spirituality, scenery, and stretching.

At the end of the class, we laid down in savasana and floated back to port. .. 

I HIGHLY recommend this class and encourage you to put it on YOUR summer bucket list for 2014! 

Interested in taking pilates and/or yoga classes in Connecticut? Or booking a private massage? Madelaine Hane can be reached here.

Blissfully Yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP