|Radishes @ the Union Square Farmers Market|
Happy National Farmers Market Week, y'all!!!
10. Farmers markets are easy to find.
9. SNAP and WIC cards are accepted at most farmers markets.
8. You can try a new fruit or vegetable!
7. Farmers often have good recommendations on ways to prepare their products.
6. Buy foods and see how they fit with ChooseMyPlate.
5. Farmers markets can be important anchors for vibrant communities.
4. It's a great way to get your kids involved.
3. Fresh fruit and vegetables are full of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
2. Shopping at farmers markets supports your local farmers and keeps the money you spend closer to your neighborhood.
1. Freshly picked ripe food is at its peak in flavor and nutrition.
Tat's Tip: Invest in a reusable bag to bring to the market and help our planet by minimizing your use of plastic bags! (I like to use my FEED bag)
Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP
P.S. Head on over to my holistic nutrition website, Tatiana's Health and Wellness, for more info on how to live a healthylicious life!