|Rise and Shine Banana French Toast!|
(My Instagram Shot: Follow me @ TatianaRidley)
~ Bread (I like Ezekial Bread - there a TONS of flava flaves including sprouted whole grain, cinnamon raisin whole grain, flax sprouted whole grain and MORE!) ** 1-2 pieces per person **
~ Organic Eggs ** 1 egg to every 2 slices of bread **
~ Cinnamon (I like Simply Organic Cinnamon)
~ Bananas ** 1 banana to every 2 slices of bread **
~ Organic Maple Syrup (Say "NO" to Aunt Jemima, I know, I know, like YOU, it was my FAVE as a kid before I knew better that it is jam-packed with unhealthy high-fructose corn syrup!!!) ** FYI: The ONLY ingredient should be maple syrup. **
~ Organic Butter
~ Vanilla Extract (I like Simply Organic Vanilla Extract)
~ Cutting Board
~ Frying Pan
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: Adjust the recipe to serve the amount of people you desire!
1) Cut up a banana or more, depending on how many people you decide to serve. Then press the quarter-sized banana pieces into a slice of bread.
2) Crack an egg into the bowl, then sprinkle cinnamon into it and whisk up a storm (or blend together with a fork if you don't have a whisk)!
3) Pour the egg 'n' cinnamon mixture onto the plate.
4) Slice off a dollop of butter and coat the frying pan with it. Then turn the frying pan on medium to heat up.
5) Dunk a piece of bread coating each side in the egg 'n' cinnamon mixture, then plop it in the frying pan. ** Don't dunk for too long or the bread will become soggy! **
6) Cook the bread until it is golden brown and then flip it with a spatula.
7) Serve it up with a sprinkling of cinnamon and/or a drizzle of maple syrup.
What's your favorite breakfast recipe?
Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP