Thursday, January 31, 2013

Healthy Brand Showcase featuring Supermodel "Emme"

Swag Bag
Yesterday I was invited to the Healthy Brand Showcase at the uber artsy Roger Smith Hotel in NYC to check out 12 national health/wellness companies for review on my blog. (Thanks, Amanda Leesburg! AKA the woman behind Atlanta based Leesburg PR) Well, you can imagine my excitement when I sauntered into the hotel a was greeted by a swag bag of goodies that made my healthylicious heart go pitter patter...








LaVie Organique
LaVie Organique™

Amanda graciously greeted me and directed me 'round the room. First stop, LaVie Organique™, where I was slathered in organic skincare products by the founder, Lavinia Borcau. I loved the citrusy scent of the line, but what really caught my eye was the "From My Neck Up®" face and neck exercise program on DVD. Basically a DIY face lift! Not that I'm on the market for a face lift, but I like the idea of an au natural approach when I get to that point... A tradition in Europe, Lavinia's bringing her twist (pun intended) on facial rehabilitation to America! Here's a video tease





Next up, an organic hair care line! RECITALS. I'm always on the hunt for the BEST haircare products, because I like my hair to look bouncin' and behavin'. Being that I highlight my hair, it tends to get rather dry, so I like products that add some extra moisture. I think I may have found my new hair crush ;)... Founded by celebrity master stylist, Bill Murphy,  Recitals uses only pure, natural active ingredients including: Argan Oil, Oblepicha Sea Buckthorn Oil, Dead See Minerals, Neem Oil, and Aromatic Oils. Is it showertime yet?! 


Recitals
LOVE their tagline: "Everyday is a performance,
make your best first impression today!"

Waxers, you know you dread going to the salon to endure the excruciating pain of getting
you va j j waxed (or for the dudes, "manscaping"). Well, do I have some good news for you! You can now minimize the pain with Dr. Edna's BareEASE (for chics) and Numb Nuts (for... dudes) numbing cream. I literally Lol'd when I saw the packaging... 


BareEASE
Chics ;)
Numb Nuts
Dudes ;*
As an exercise junkie who is always looking for my next fix and latest fitness craze to hit the market, I was PSYCHED to discover the NEW Nautilus product: CoreBody Reformer®!  You know them as the creators of the Bowlfex®, TreadClimber®, Schwin®, and BowFlex UpperCut. CoreBody Reformer® combines 3 of my favorite things: yoga, pilates, and dance.

Blurry, but it's me :)
Here's what I like about the CoreBody Reformer®:

1) It's fun, fun, fun! And I know that fun is the key ingredient to sticking to an exercise routine. 
2) I could feel my muscles going to work, so I knew it was effective. 
3) It's affordable. $249.95 including DVD, weight loss plan and cover. (think about it, you spend $45-170 on a gym  membership monthly if you live in NYC).
4) It's pa pa pa portable!

Can't hardly wait 'til Kymra sends me my very own!!! =)

I ran into the event hostess, iconic American plus-size Supermodel "Emme," sporting her spandex and looking beautiful, shouting out cheerful "hellos" to the guests. She is a true inspiration for ladies out there that you DON'T have to be a size zero to be beautiful! Having struggled with many issues that life threw at her, including a divorce and cancer, she founded EmmeNation, an online forum for women. 

Emme in pigeon pose
Dr. Ken Knott, author of "Dangerous Medicine: What Your Doctor Doesn't Know Can Hurt You," signed a copy of his book:  "For Tatiana, Please enjoy & use the info to help you live a long & healthy life." I'm touched and look forward to reading it.


Dr. Ken Knott
My former Institute for Integrative Nutrition teacher, Dr. Barry Sears, author of The Zone Diet series, says "Dr. Ken Knott demonstrates convincingly that the truly wise physician listens to the patient as opposed to simply looking at a chart and prescribing a drug that only treats a symptom."

Small world, he knew my grandfather, former Smyrna, Tennessee Mayor Sam Ridley, (for whom the Sam Ridley Parkway is named - shameless proud granddaughter shout out), when he was in medical school in Tennessee! Talk about synchronicity.











With 140 days until the official start of summer, I was excited to get a sample of the organic EcoSMART insect repellent lotion in my swag bag. Perfect for summer nights on Nantucket... or the Hamptons. Holla!

Whew! That was whirlwind of wellness... No, I didn't cover ALL of the dirty dozen because I  wanted to select my FAVES just for YOU.

Tell me! What is your favorite wellness product?


Blissfully Yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP