The other day I was in a baking mood, BUT I didn't want to bake something totally unhealthy, (a la brownies... MY FAVE), so I rustled around in my cupboard and struck gold- my
Our oatmeal cherry chocolate chip cookies combine sweet antioxidant-rich cherries, gooey vegan chocolate chips and old fashioned wholesome oats for a soft, chewy touch of sweet decadence. With hints of caramel from the coconut palm sugar, they are as nourishing as they are tasty.
- gluten free certified
- certified vegan
- non-GMO project verified
- free of refined sugar
- sweetened with organic coconut sugar, a nutrient rich, low-glycemic sweetener
- no artificial colors or flavors
- certified gluten free oats
- Millet flour: an ancient grain high in B vitamins
- Almond flour: high in vitamin e and magnesium
- Garbanzo fava bean flour: rich in protein and fiber
- Aztec superfood chia seeds: providing excellent sources of omega-3fatty acids, fiber and antioxidants
Here's the recipe:
~ Bag o' Purely Elizabeth Oatmeal Cherry Chocolate Cookie Mix ** There are other flava flaves if you don't fancy these, check out these cookie mixes
~ Organic Apple Sauce (I like Santa Cruz Organic Apple Sauce)
~ Vanilla Extract
~ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
~ BIG Bowl
~ Electric Mixer (You can use a whisk if you want a workout...)
~ Measuring Cup
~ Measuring Spoons
~ Cookie Sheet
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 24 Cookies
1) Heat the oven to 350
2) Stir wet ingredients into a bowl: olive oil, applesauce, vanilla extract.
3) Pour in cookie mix and stir until combined.
4) Form dough into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet about 2" apart.
5) Bake for 12-14 minutes.
6) Cool before removing from sheet.
And now for the contest news....
2. Fan me on Facebook: Tatiana's Health and Wellness
3. Follow me on Twitter: @TatianaRidley