Thursday, February 2, 2012

Guest Blog Post: Vinyasa Yoga Class at New York Yoga with Carla Valdivia - Friday, Feb. 3rd @8:25AM

ATTENTION all health nuts! I'm looking for alternative health professionals like myself to be guest bloggers for my blog: Your Ticket To Healthylicious Bliss! So, if you're a yogi, acupuncturist, chiropractor, creative arts therapist, social worker, colon hydrotherapist, Ayurvedic practitioner, masseuse, or other type of health guru, please drop me a line to jump on board at: Tatiana@TatianasHealthandWellness.com. 


Carla quieting the mind...
And now... for a healthylicious treat! A post from my very first guest blogger and good gal pal, Carla Valdivia, RYT: 


So I'm really excited and nervous to be teaching my first class this Friday! I can't wait to share what I have learned over the past 4 months with other fellow yogis. Yoga is a beautiful practice. One that centers on the idea of union between the mind, body and spirit. It is the conscious act of linking breath with the mind and body so that we may find harmony and balance both on and off our mats. I knew when I started Teacher Training that many things would change and that my physical practice would improve. What I didn't expect, was that I would be embarking on a life long journey. Yoga is more than a physical workout, It is a life style. Through my own practice I am tuned into my strengths, my potential and resilience. Through my teaching style, I am learning to find my voice. 
Carla finding bliss in 'King Pigeon' pose.
I'll be teaching the Vinyassa Yogi's Choice class this Friday, February 3rd at 8:25am at New York Yoga, (Yorkville Studio @ 1629 York Avenue @ 86th Street). Yogi's Choice - which means it's a donation only, pay what you want. Bring a mat or rent one there. I look forward to seeing you!


~ Carla Valdivia, RYT





Hope you enjoyed Carla's post! 


Blissfully Yours,


Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP