Saturday, February 28, 2015

RECIPE: Rockin' Raw Chocolate Mousse {I'm VEGAN!}

The goodies
NOTE: Replace agave w/maple syrup!
My GO-TO healthylicious dessert recipe for the holiday season {and whenever I'm craving CHOCOLATE}, is... my Rockin' Raw Chocolate Mousse!!!

Unlike traditional mousse, which contains artery-clogging butter, cream and eggs, avocados make the base for my recipe. But, I bet you'd NEVER guess if I didn't letcha in on my SECRET...

Let's get rockin'!

Here's what you'll need...

Ingredients:
~ 2 Avocados
~ 1/4 Cup Organic Raw Cacao Powder
{I like Navitas Naturals - sold in health food stores,Whole Foods & online.}
~ 1/4 Cup of Maple Syrup {all-natural NOT Aunt Jemima!} INSTEAD of Agave Nectar. 
NOTE: Since I initially posted this, studies have since shown that agave nectar is NOT as healthy as it had been touted to be. **
~ 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract


Before the beating...
Supplies: 

~ BIG Bowl
~ Electric Mixer {use a whisk if you want a good arm workout. Show me those guns!)
OR
~ Vitamix / Blender
~ Measuring Cup
~ Measuring Spoons
~ Cutting Board
~ Knife




Prep Time:  15 Minutes
Serves: 4 People 

VOILA! 
Served in my grandmother's Demitasse cups.
Directions: 

1) Peel, pit and cut avocados 
and throw 'um into the bowl/blender.

2) Add the Raw Cacao powder into the bowl/blender.

3) Add the maple syrup into the bowl/blender.

4) Splash the Vanilla extract into and use and electronic mixer/whisk or blend button on your blender to mix it up 'til it's silky smooth.

5) Refrigerate and serve. Enjoy!


#TatsTip: Add a sprig of mint leaves and/or a raspberry for an extra pop o' color! 


What's YOUR favorite dessert recipe?!


Blissfully Yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP


Blog: HealthyliciousBliss!