Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Spin For Hunger

Welcome back from your Turkey Day festivities! I hope you enjoyed your feast and QT with your family, friends, pet etc. I spent my Thanksgiving vacation, (or as we call it in my family, 'Thanksmas,' because we combine Thanksgiving AND Christmas - double the pleasure, double the fun!), in Paradise Valley, Arizona and am relieved to return to AZlike temps here in NYC.

In honor of Thanksgiving, I have been attempting to adopt an attitude of gratitude as we enter into the holiday season. It's so easy to get wrapped up  in thinking about what we don't have what with the struggles that Great Recession has brought upon us, but let's try to think about what we do have. Whatdoyasay?!

A few months ago I decided to combine two of my passions, spinning AND food, to try to help out those who are struggling to make ends meet in the BIG apple at the first annual Spin For Hunger event. This Saturday, December 3rd, from 1:30-3:30pm at Flywheel Sports on the UES in NYC, I am donning my spin shoes and spandex to spin for hunger! I am raising money to help feed, shelter, clothe and counsel 9,000 families in NYC through the St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters, a charity that has been near and dear to my heart since 2008. My fundraising goal is $350, and I have raised $220, so I have $130 to go! Please donate whatever you can to help 9,000 hungry New Yorkers enjoy holiday helpings this season by clicking here. (It's tax deductable AND counts for good karma kash ;)). Spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ by clicking on the 'SHARE' button under the blue 'Share This Page' box in the upper right hand corner of my fundraising page (below). Thanks SO much for your help!!! 

My Spin For Hunger fundraising page :) Please donate what you can! 

What are you grateful for?


Blissfully Yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP