Monday, September 19, 2011

IINto Nutrition? Get Your Fall IINto Action Conference Wrap-Up HERE!


It's just another Manic
Monday and yet I'm feeling
so IINspired and IINformed from the Fall IINto Action Conference that I attended at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in NYC this past weekend! At the conference, I had the opportunity to connect with so many fellow IINers, former teachers: Mark Hyman, MD, David Katz, MDDeepak Chopra, new teachers and learn about new developments and practices in integrative nutrition!


Me after day 1, rockin' my IIN bag :), 
about to jump into mix 'n' mingle
with the crowd...
On the first day, I jumped out of bed at the crack of dawn to grab my Starbucks Protein Bistro Box (Cage-free egg, honey peanut butter spread multi grain muesli bread, apples and grapes) and a tall coffee (NO sugar/milk) to get some brain food for the looong day ahead of me. I packed some organic dark chocolate covered grapes to snack on...


At 10am on the dot, Joshua Rosenthal, the founder of my school, The Institute for Integrative Nutrition, welcome over 4,000 people to the conference! Throughout the day I heard from an INcredible lineup of speakers:



Joshua Rosenthal, the Founder of
The Institute for Integrative Nutrition.


Dr. Pierre Dukan, the founder of The Dukan Diet, (Kate Middleton's pre-wedding diet).

Sally Fallon Morell, the founder of The Weston A. Price Foundation, a nonprofit nutrition education foundation.

Dr. Joel Fuhrman, a leading expert on nutrition and natural healing and author of Eat for Health: Lose Weight, Keep it Off and NEW book, Super Immunity.

Dr. David Katz, a world expert on weight control, nutrition and preventative medicine, Founder of Yale's Prevention Research Center and author of 12 books.

Dr. Mark Hyman, Functional Medicine pioneer, Founder of The UltraWellness Center and author of several books including is NEW book, The Blood Sugar Solution.

Deepak Chopra, M.D., Mind-Body Medicine pioneer, Founder of The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, author of over 60 books, including 18 New York Times best sellers.

Thankfully, we enjoyed some exercise breaks in between presentations, (my derriere def needed a wake up call), with a mini exercise from celebrity trainer, Joel Harper, yoga session from Laughing Lotus Yoga founder, Dana Flynn and Bollywood style Masala Bhangra workout with the founder, Sarina Jain. 

Stretch for the sky....
I learned SO much this past weekend, that my brain is still a wee bit fried. Here are a few vocabulary words that I've added to my linguistics library:

Diabesity -  Diabetes caused by overweight or obesity.

Veganist - A vegan activist

Nutritarian - A person who strives for more micronutrients per calories in their diet-style. 

Are you interested in pursing a career in nutrition and helping others become healthier and happier? Check out this IIN catalogue for more information. As an IIN Ambassador, I feel that it is my duty to share the wonderful education that I've received with all of you! Contact an admissions advisor and please tell them I sent you :).

Please email me at: Tatiana@TatianasHealthandWellness.com or Comment Below with any questions! I can't tell you how happy and healthy I am since I made the decision to follow my passion for health and wellness by attending The Institute for Integrative Nutrition...


Blissfully Yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP