Friday, August 26, 2011

Healthy Food $hopping List for Hurricane Irene

Hurricane Irene is rearing her swirly head on the East Coast and I'm gearing up for her to hit the BIG apple, making my list of healthylicious food to purchase at the store. I thought I'd share it with y'all:

1) Swiss Muesli Cereal (no added sugar) with Pacific Almond Milk (it doesn't need to be refrigerated!)

2) Eden Organic Canned Beans are cooked and ready to eat from the can! They're low in sodium and the cans are BPA free.

3) Organic, gluten-free, vegan AND kosher Mary's Gone Crackers (flava flaves: original seed, onion, caraway, black pepper & herb)

4) Vita Coco coconut water is 100% au naturale, fat-free, and packed with essential electrolytes to keep you ready for flight or fight mode should you need to snap into action.

5) Kale Chips - try my kick a$$ kale chip recipe here!

6) Canned wild salmon and sardines

7) Bottled H20


You may want to snag a cooler and ice or ice packs just in case your fridge goes on the fritz.

Check out this USDA approved list of info on keeping your food safe during a hurricane. May your motto be: "When in doubt, throw it out!"



QUESTIONS? Comment below and I'll try my best to answer 'um...


Blissfully yours,

Tatiana Ridley, CHHC, AADP